Has everyone enjoyed the very unusual weather we have had so far in October? Some may say it is global warming. I saw a comment on the news about it and this person insisted that we will continue to have weather like this in October if we don't change our ways. I do agree we need to change our ways, but I don't agree this is totally global warming. I think it is a natural cycle of the earth's weather patterns. As a wise old professor once said "How do we know we are actually in global warming? We have only had weather records for the last thousand years. Who knows what the weather was like before that?" Don't you think this quote has some merit to it?
Anne P.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi Anne,
I know exactly which teacher you're talking about with this global warming thought. Mr. Gruell would be proud if he knew you were keeping his opinion and sharing it with the BLOG world.
I tend to agree with him, too. How DO people know that so much is changing for the detriment of the planet? Maybe it WAS intended to be that way!
My husband just said a week or two ago "You know, I love the polar bears and all, but you gotta like this weather for November!" He really is a smart guy!
Have you guys every watched An Inconvenient Truth? You should because after you watch it, you will totally believe in Global Warming. I remember when I was little and we would have snow blizzards every year and usually the ground was always covered in snow by the time it was Halloween. I don't ever remember going trick or treating in a t-shirt. When I was home this past week hunting my grandpa was telling us stories about the good old days when they stood freezing in their stands in 30 below weather. Now, we are lucky to get snow during the hunting season. It rarely happens now. And when christmas comes around, we hope to have a white christmas when in the future, I think they will become rarer. If you don't believe in global warming, you need to do some research, because it is something that is scary...and it is real!
Post a Comment